The following shall constitute the sole warranty of Remis America, LLC, having its principal place of business at Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A., (hereinafter “Remis”), regarding the distribution of our products (referred to herein as “Product” or “Products”).
1. Product Warranty. Remis warrants its products against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 15 months from the date of shipment. In addition, Remis warrants its insulating glass or replacements of same against condensation between the glass panes for a period of 7 years from the date of shipment of the original product subject to this Warranty. All LED solid state lighting carries a 5-year direct replacement warranty.
2. Repair or Replacement. Any repair or replacement of the product after the expiration of this warranty will be charged to customer’s account if it is done by Remis at customer’s request, and Remis will charge its costs and expenses incurred therefore to customer in accordance with requirements to be separately provided by Remis. For any product covered by this warranty, Remis will pay all necessary parts and reasonable labor charges for any authorized replacement of product components FOB Fort Worth, Texas, for 15 months.
3. Exemptions from Warranty. Not with standing the foregoing, the obligations of Remis provided here in shall not apply to any defects resulting from the following ,and Remis shall not honor any warranty claim if the defect, damage, or malfunction is attributed to:
a. Any failure caused by surrounding equipment installed in conjunction with the product.
b. Any failure caused by the method of installation.
c. Any failure in observing the handling requirements, warnings, or other notices in the specifications or in similar documents.
d. War, riots, destruction, fire, explosion, earthquake, typhoons, cyclones, hurricanes, tornadoes, volcanic action floods, tidal waves, lightning, indirect lightning strike, any land subsidence, or landslide.
e. Any vandalism or other human intervention.
f. Any connection with another manufacturer’s components, unless approved by Remis.
g. Any abuse, misuse, or negligent acts.
h. Any other defect that does not fall under Remis responsibility.
i. Any phenomena that cannot be prevented with the technology available for practical use at the time of this Agreement.
4. Minor Defects. Remis does not warrant against any defects that do not affect the basic performance and operation or/and mechanical strength of the product, including, but not limited to, any external scratch, stain, natural mechanical wearing, corrosion, mold deterioration or discoloration.
5. Scope of Warranty.
a. This warranty shall apply only so long as the module is owned by the first retail purchaser of products.
b. Remis maximum liability under this limited warranty is limited to the price of the product sold to customer by Remis.
c. Remis is not responsible for any costs directly or indirectly related to installation, removal, transportation, or re-installation of the product covered under this limited warranty.
d. In the event that Remis replaces a part under this warranty, the original terms and conditions shall apply to such replacement and to any remaining original product.
6. Breakage/Product Handling.
REMIS ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR GLASS BREAKAGE.
NOTE: THIS WARRANTY IS VOID IF THE PRODUCT IS DAMAGED IN HANDLING OR INSTALLATION, OR IF THE PRODUCT IS BROKEN.
7. Others. Except as provided herein, there is no warranty that the product shall be merchantable or fit for any particular purpose, nor is there any other warranty, express or implied, concerning the product. All of Remis remedies provided hereunder for the defective product shall be limited to the warranty provided herein. Remis shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages arising from any defects of the product. In the event that the contents of this warranty are different from any preprinted Terms of Sale, whether those of Remis or of the Customer, the provisions set forth herein shall take precedence.
REMIS AMERICA, LLC
900 Terminal Road
Fort Worth, TX 76106